Being a girl in a society that values the opinion of the males more than females is difficult. Around the globe girls and women continue to fight against oppression and gender inequality to be able to live fully. And although many claim that women empowerment have already come a long way especially in the recent years the fight is far from over. Women and girls around the globe especially in many countries where poverty is rampant and education opportunities for girls are difficult to have, girls continue to live in oppression of the society. But every girl is capable of fighting for their own right. Every girl is capable of being strong and beautiful and intelligent all at the same time. Sometimes, you just need to let them know that other women got their back. You just need to let them know that they are not alone in the battle. They just need a little inspiration and lots of motivation. These girl quotes from great women will be perfect to fuel the hearts and minds of all girls in the world.
Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world. –Marilyn Monroe
Beautiful and intelligent, Marilyn Monroe is one of those empowering figures that left the world too soon. But she didn’t leave us with nothing. She left us with inspiring words that will stand the test of time and continue to be relatable to girls and women around the world. Just like what Monroe said, any girl is capable of conquering the world if she has the right tools for the job a woman can be at the top of the world.
Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good. –Serena Williams
Being different is not easy. The 4-time Olympic gold medalist has known this even at a young age. But she knew that being different is not a bad thing, it is good. This is something every girl should know and understand. Especially in this generation where the norm is what you see on social media, a girl can easily loose herself. This is one of those girl quotes that can motivate any girl to become who she wants to be.
Girl power is about loving yourself and having confidence and strength from within, so even if you’re not wearing a sexy outfit, you feel sexy. –Nicole Scherzinger
Known for her sexy image the diva Nicole Scherzinger shared her secret on what it makes a woman sexy. Looking and feeling sexy is more than just the clothes you wear, it’s about that confidence that you can exude from within.
- “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” Coco Chanel
- “Fun is fun but no girl wants to laugh all of the time.” Anita Loos
- “There are so many girls, and so few princes.” Liza Minnelli
- “Growing up, I wanted desperately to please, to be a good girl.” Claire Danes
- “Every girl is a goddess.” Francesca Lia Block
- “Little girls, like butterflies, need no excuse,” Robert A. Heinlein
- “All little girls should be told they are pretty.” Marilyn Monroe
- “Girls. You never know what they’re going to think.” J. D. Salinger
- “The best accessories a girl can have are her closest friends.” Paris Hilton
- “I like being the girl nobody can have.” Miley Cyrus
- “Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.” Julie Anne Peters
- “It’s interesting how young poets think of death while old fogies think of girls.” Bohumil Hrabal
- “If I decided I’m the girl to change the world, I can do it anytime.” Demi Lovato
- “A girl could never have too much jewelry or too much weaponry.” Laurell K. Hamilton
- “If you teach a boy, you educate an individual; but if you teach a girl, you educate a community.” Greg Mortenson
- “A real gentleman is as polite to a little girl as to a woman.” Louisa May Alcott
- “Every pretty girl is a heartbreaker” Sara Shepard
- “Every girl is beautiful. Sometimes it just takes the right guy to see it.” Nicholas Sparks
- “All really interesting girls invent themselves.” Anna Godbersen
- “The girl in the mirror wasn’t who I wanted to be and her life wasn’t the one I wanted to have.” Francesca Lia Block
- “I wish I were a girl again, half-savage and hardy, and free.” Emily Bronte
- “Happy girls are the prettiest girls.” Audrey Hepburn
- “Most girls don’t know what to do with what they’ve got.” Jayne Mansfield
- “To educate girls is to reduce poverty.” Kofi Annan
- “A girl does not need anyone who does not need her.” Marilyn Monroe