There was something about him that made us click from the start, it wasn’t whether he was tall, dark or handsome, all of which he was by the way. He was fun, the best communicator I knew, damn right, he knew how to make a girl smile without touching her. Our relationship was dreamy and almost perfect. I loved him unrepentantly and that was my biggest mistake. The series of events that began to unfold rendered me broken into a million pieces. I did not see it coming, the beautiful roller coaster called my relationship came to a crashing halt. The pain I felt was indescribable, I was numb outside, shattered inside, completely closed off to the world.I have seen Heartbreak quotes being used to encourage someone going through a breakup or getting over a first love.
Those quotes make you feel secure, like you’re better than your ex, they boost your self-esteem. Those quotes make you hope for a better future, a better tomorrow, knowing that something bigger and much worthwhile lies ahead.But at this point, no number of quotes or pictures could help. Heartbreak quotes don’t teach you how not to call him a hundred times in your head, they don’t teach you how not to daydream about your most recent date night or movie hangout, or how to forget his phone number or social media handles when it’s engraved in your heart.
They don’t teach you how to comport yourself when you see him with another girl, or how to pick up the scrapes of your emotions and rebuild yourself.Somewhere in your heart, you begin to question everything, why did you let him in, why did you fall so hard, maybe you’re mistaken, maybe you’re the cause of the break up, maybe this maybe that.
After suffering a heart wrenching experience like that, it’s only expedient that you gather the pieces of yourself that you can and make it a mission to be happy. Once in a while, everyone gets their heart broken, not necessarily by a loved one, maybe a job you worked so hard on, a salary raises you were so close to, that apartment you’ve saved up almost enough for. We need to be strong for ourselves, we need to learn to stand up, and fight back, not letting the past drag us back. Heartbreak quotes do not teach you to keep your heartbroken but that in the midst of the pain, you can become stronger enough to move on and move towards the light.
- “No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” Faraaz Kazi
- “Heartbreak is funny to everyone but the heartbroken.” Jeffrey Eugenides
- “I’m not supposed to miss you, I’m not supposed to care.” Deborah Cox
- “I never wanted but your heart–that gone, you have nothing more to give.” Mary Wollstonecraft
- “Don’t cry over someone who wouldn’t cry over you.” Lauren Conrad
- “Maybe part of loving is learning to let go.” Fred Savage
- “Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.” Saint Augustine
- “Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.” L. Frank Baum
- “Love is the hardest habit to break, and the most difficult to satisfy.” Drew Barrymore
- “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it… ” Nicholas Sparks
- “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.” Jean de La Fontaine
- “Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.” Justin Timberlake
- “Desire leaves us heartbroken; it wears us out.” Ellen Pompeo
- “The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.” John Vance Cheney
- “The heart was made to be broken.” Oscar Wilde
- “Words may sting, but silence breaks the heart.”
- “I think heartbreak is something that you learn to live with as opposed to learn to forget.” Kate Winslet
- “Food is not a means toward resolution. It can’t cure heartbreak or solve untenable dilemmas.” Kate Christensen
- “You can’t fast-forward heartbreak, and you can’t rewind love – and that’s just one big bummer.” Chelsea Handler
- “If they’re singing about heartbreak, they’ve lived it.” Paula Abdul